Friday, October 24, 2008

Weight

I am having a really hard time keeping weight on Carter. When he started school he was 62 lbs. now he is 51 lbs. Any Ideas??? He will not drink instant breakfast, ensure or anything like that. I was at the school yesterday and went into the lunch room. He was the only child at the table without a lunch. I asked him where his lunch was his response was "I was not hungry so I put it in the trash". How do you get a child to eat who isn't hungry and doesn't want to? I swear I am going to be turned in for child abuse this kid is all bones! This is what I found on Carter......
Your BMI is 16.23 which is categorized as "Severely underweight".
A healthy BMI falls between 18.5 and 25. For your height, a corresponding healthy weight would be between 58.14 and 78.55.
Help and Ideas??? I have told this child that we will have to feed him with IV's

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Has something traumatic happened to him? I've heard that avoiding food is a symptom of stress and the need for control in young child's life. Just a thought. Good luck on improving the situation! That could be scary.

About us said...

he has ADD and the med's make him not hungery.