Friday, October 17, 2008

Primary

I now know why I never find a sub for my Primary Class. I have just been on the phone for 2 hours looking for someone to teach. I have heard everything from.....
"I am teaching something else third hour"
"I need to finish my Halloween costumes"
"My husband does not think it is a good idea"
"Try Tippetts" (more then once I got this response, watch out)
"I have never taught that lesson before"
and of course the good old I have caller ID and I know you are from the ward I am not answering the phone. Not to mention the Presidency are all not home and I have not sub list and it is Fall break for the kids from school. I love the fact that I finally found a nice family even though they have callings third hour were willing to teach the class second hour!! THANK YOU!! This is the third time in 14 months that I have HAD to find a sub and I do not understand why it is so hard. The lessons are simple enough that someone who was not active at all was called to primary to teach and has learned a lot and loves it and also able to teach it. You learn a lot more from the kids and it is amazing what the children (who have been taught) know about the church and the strength of their testimonies! I LOVE PRIMARY!

No comments: