Wednesday, October 22, 2008

4 Years ago this week

I am always grateful this time of year. It never passes my mind that 4 years ago this week we lost everything and moved in with my mom and dad all because of a very crooked person who was suppose to help us. This person then in turn rented out our house (to drug dealers) and pocketed the money. Later after a long battle we sold the home on a short sale.
With all that behind and looking back.....I never thought that I was prideful. When people talk about pride or being prideful I am very humbled. I believe that you don't have to have a lot to be prideful. We lived in a 55 year old house that was falling apart (costing every nickle and dime we had and didn't have) we did not have a lot. I realized then that I did have pride. It was by far the hardest thing to swallow that and admit that I had nothing and the only thing that I did have that even mattered was my family. I believe that everything happens for a reason and realizing that everything can be taken from you (worldly) with a blink of an eye your family can not! I believe that with out losing everything I would never be where I am today. I believe that Shayla had her seizes to teach (not only me) a lesson on the priesthood and the great blessings it can have in our families if we use it.


I would never wish this to happen to anybody but when you are setting all alone and when you finally realize that you have not lost EVERYTHING it was the best feeling. I never want to go back to that emptiness. I took this picture a couple of days after we moved. I can not believe how little my kids were.

I do miss living across the street from grandma and grandpa, the wood burning stove and this tree.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Has it really been 4 years? I guess it would since Shayla is only 4, and yes they were once that little hard to believe.