Friday, January 9, 2009

Aspergers

Well I took Carter back to our family Doctor on Tuesday and the sign once again points to Aspergers. Matt tries to tell me that it is all in my head and that nothing is wrong with Carter.

At our family Christmas party Carter traded a white elephant present for a cheap little frog jump rope. Well at the end of the night the jump rope was lost and no where to be found. Carter was heartbroken (the kid doesn't even know how to use it). You can not tell me that him bawling and screaming and wanting to punch someone over a dollar jump rope is normal. Not to mention at the ward Christmas party he just want a balloon and he was happy the rest of the night. Carter would be satisfied for days with just a simple balloon.

I am at my wits end and do not know what to do anymore! The school district is suppose to be doing a evaluation on him again (since the ball was dropped the first time). Is it normal for a 7 year old to wait by the building by himself for recess to be over? I do not think so. I don't know maybe it is all in my head. The only child he ever talks about is his cousin Garrett he wants to ALWAYS have a sleep over at there house. I am not sure he even plays when he is over there so I am not sure why. He does not know is left from right hand and can not remember is Aunts names and which one has which child but yet knows his times tables. Yeah it must be all in my head.......

2 comments:

Michele said...

Matt thinks along the same lines as Dad! but your breaking my heart saying that Carter waits by the door for Recess to be over. Makes me want to go beat the kids up! or go play with him myself

Brittney said...

Dont be so harsh and try not to compare him with oters. All kids move at there own pace and he is very smart. He play's great with Gage and Garrett and he is welcome to come over anytime!!! He is a good kid and a joy to be around. I think that he also has times when he WANTS to be alone, not out of sadness but just becuse he wants to be. He is a happy kid and easy to please. Just be grateful he finds joy in the simple things, it wont last forever.