Friday, February 20, 2009

Allah with a eight year old

Tonight I had the little neighbor over...We learned about Allah. I learned a lot about his religion. I have to admit when they first moved in (3 year ago) I did not know that Muslims did not eat Pork. Matt came home from work and I was feeding the boys pizza w/ham on it, the neighbor loved it! Matt told me later that night that they do not eat it because it is a dirty meat. I felt really bad but living in Utah my whole life I really don't know that much about other religions and didn't even think about it.

Anyway back to the point. I learned from a eight year old that they do believe in life after death and you can only repent of your sins after you die and you see Allah. I could not imagine living my life here on earth and not being able to feel the burden of a sin be lifted from you. I also learned that Allah believes in a payback!!! This is a god that believes in punishing all people (who have not be allowed to repent and learn from their mistakes)who have done bad or evil. The way he punishes is the good go to the sky and the bad stay in the ground and the ground turns to sand......sounds like murder to me! The next thing I learned about was the color of skin...He told me that he was made from MUD....That got me thinking "If he is made of Mud then what are white people made of????"

He was telling me about the pork and I told him about the tea ,smoking, drinking and all that. It was interesting. His Grandpa is ALWAYS inviting me over for tea (I think it is the only English he knows) I can not explain to him that I do not drink tea because he doesn't understand. Maybe this little boy can help with that.... I wonder if he will be allowed over here again. I did not start this conversation but I did tell him what we believed in and how some things were the same.

I am glad that I was raised in the church and came back on my own. I know it is the true church and it is where I need to be and raise my family with. I know that heaven father would not leave us here on earth with no support or guidance. I am thankful for the priesthood, even though their is not many in my family that hold it. I think it makes you realize how much you need it when you are without. I know that the prophet is a man of God. I know that when we repent of our sins the burden is lifted but NEVER forgotten so that we can learn and grow from that experience. I know that we are given trials here on earth and the Lord will never put anything in our path that we can not handle. As long as we live the gospel and go to him for help we can over come whatever that might be. I know that Joesph Smith was a prophet that had great faith and had to endure many challenges in his life and I am thankful to him for restoring this gospel.

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

What a great post. One of my favorite of yours. Allah...interesting!

Nelle said...

Anos (sp?) is an awesome boy isn't he? I love how he and Bart are such good friends. They seem to compliment the best in each other and keep each other doing good. He has come to our house a lot to spend the afternoon and early evenings. I'm excited to see where their friendship goes. I'm hoping they'll stay close as the years go by.