Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Autism

Carter had his Appointment today for the Autism Dr. Well guess what they think he has Aspergers which is High functioning Autism. Some of the things fit Carter that did not fit with the ADD. I just want to know what is wrong with him and have someone help me with it. A child can not grow up not playing or communicating with children his age and sitting all by himself at recess. He loved this place and the people were very nice. I just think that every one is out to give their answers and take the money to have a job....

This place is 24,000.00 a year and is not covered by insurance. I know my son has social issues but 24,000.00 worth? I do not have $2000.00 a month to pay this or 150.00 an hour! Does anyone know of a place that tests for this and treats that is less then this?

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

Find out if there is some sort of scholarship or fee waver/reduced fee program for that place.

Look further into Asburgers before you do anything, also seek out local support groups and talk to school social workers about this disability. Find out as much info as you can and make your own "motherly" diagnosis. Often we know our children and all their quirks the best, we just don't have a name for all of it.

Always get a second opinion!
We want to provide our children with the best opportunities, Money is always a concern. I feel for you. Do what you can with ALL the information you can find, and feel confident in how you can help him through his challenges. Good luck. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep me updated.