Tuesday, March 31, 2009

U of U update

I am kind of upset about this whole thing...... Carter does not have any of the rocking and speech delays that an autistic child has. With Asperger's it is more of a social delay and not knowing how to read people. Well he did not meet the criteria to join the research group because of this, which means that he does not get the ADI test that I needed for the school district. I have to go and get my own done. He does have specific characteristics of autism just not enough for the study.

In a way I feel blessed that he does not meet the needs but still feel like I am at square one. I know these test will not change who my child is or how I feel about him but I was hoping that it would change the way the school views him and help him with the friend situation as well as the social skills that he needs. We told him that we would go inside the capital building if he was good and the poor thing.... We had to pin him down to have his blood drawn and a guard at the door. He was sooooooo mad!!! He got paid $30.00 to do the study but lost $15.00 before we left. We have no idea where it went. Here are some pics of the State Capital.












1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

So sorry you don't get to have Carter participate. Keep up the search.