Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Popcorn anyone?

Don't think that this is a regular popcorn kernel because it is NOT!! This is a special one coated in GOLD..... If Shayla was not involved it would just be a regular piece of popcorn. Yesterday we went to a Birthday party when Shayla came upstairs and said she could not get IT out of her ear. I called the doctor (knowing Shayla's ears) the appointment was at 4:50 (this was 4:30). They tried to get it out with everything and I kept asking are you sure you can get this out????



Well to make a long story shorter....They put water into her ear and she cried and yelled even louder (Shayla's ears can not handle water) Finally they called in another doctor to look at it. His plan was to put glue on a toothpick and try to pull it out. My response, "That is STUPID! What are the odds of her moving or this now wet piece of popcorn turning and you gluing the toothpick or the kernel to her ear?" Their response, " Huh we can not guarantee anything". I was so MAD! You could see the thing before we went in and now you can not see anything and she is SCREAMING non stop!!! I called the ENT when they went out of the room to talk about it. Well after 4 hours, a after hours ENT and after hours at the Provo Surgical Center plus the anesthesiologist IT CAME OUT!!!
I LOVE HEDI HERAS!!!!!!!!!! She is the best ENT and I felt soooooo bad that I had to call her. Needless to say I do not think Shayla will do this again and I am not sure how I feel about popcorn! Maybe I will get all involved a movie and a box of popcorn!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe she stuck a popcorn kernal in her ear!! Dr. Heras is the best when it comes to ears!! We love her too. Glad that it came out. Sounds like you had a long evening. Hopefully she won't stick anything else in her ear from now on. ;)

Nicole H. said...

I love Heidi Heras too! She is the BEST! Austin had ear tubes when he was 2 months old. Her youngest patient ever! Leave it to us to leave an impression! You should wrap Shayla in bubble wrap!